Hi everyone, I would like to share with you one of my swaps that I made for the recent South Pacific Convention held at the Gold Coast, Queensland.
I used the painting with bleach technique. The flowers are from the "Everything Eleanor" stamp set embossed with black on Early Espresso cardstock. The middle of the flowers were then painted with bleach. The sentiment is from the "Sassy Salutations" stamp set, stamped direct onto a piece of Very Vanilla DSP from the Neutrals Paper Stack in Early Espresso ink. The Very Vanilla Candy Dots were backed with a small circle of Early Espresso cardstock made using the hand held 1/4" circle punch.
One little thing I learnt in making this card is that regular bleach (eg no scent) usually gives you a lighter colour of the cardstock that you are using, however I also had some Lemon Scented bleach that I also used and the lighter colour of the flowers had a slight lemon tinged to them. I did not realise that I had the two bottles of bleach in the cupboard and could not work out why the colour was so different. It was not until a couple of days later that I realised that I had the two bottles, one unscented and the other scented. So I did an experiment to see if the scented bleach gave me the lemon tinged flowers, and it did. Just thought I would share that little enlightening experience with you.