The inspiration for this Post-it Note & Calendar holder came from a post by Carolyn Lindenmayer where Carolyn made an easel card with the Calender on the top of the card and the Post-It Notes on the bottom of the card. I really liked the idea and I have adapted it and made a Post-It Note holder. I tried to make the front look like a satchel, but had a bit of trouble rounding the corners of the tiny pieces for the straps (I will have to work on this one).
The Music part of the challenge is incorporated in Natural Composition Specialty DSP, which has the music notes printed on it. I love this DSP with the glossy raised pattern on the heavy weight Natural paper.
I made the title using the Simply Serif Mini Alphabet and the 1/2" circle punch and small circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.
I put instructions on how I made it at the end of this post.
Crumb Cake Cardstock
Scraps of Early Espresso & Naturals Ivory Cardstock
Natural Composition Specialty DSP – Music Note Sheet
Neutrals DSP – Striped Crumb Cake piece
Early Espresso Core’dinations Cardstock
Designer Sanding Blocks
Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker
Crumb Cake Classic Stampin’ Pad
Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad
Simply Serif Mini Alphabet Stamp Set
½” Circle Punch
Small Punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
Buttons #5 Sizzlits
Multipurpose Liquid Glue
1. Cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock 6 ½” x 3”. Score this on the long side at 3” and 3 ½”. Fold on crease lines. This creates the base Post-It Note cover.
2. Cut a piece of Music Note paper 3” x 3”
Cut a piece of Crumb Cake CS 3” x 1 ¼” – Round corners on one long edge
Cut a piece of Music Note paper 2 7/8 x 1 1/8” – Round corners on one long edge
Cut 2 pieces of Crumb Cake CS 5/8” x 2” – Round edges on one end
Cut 2 pieces of Music Note paper ½” x 1 7/8” – Round edges on one end
Cut a piece of Striped Crumb Cake DSP 2 7/8” x 2 7/8”
3. Ink the edges of all pieces by sponging Crumb Cake on edges.
4. Adhere the 3” x 3” piece of Music Note paper to front of the Post-It Note cover.
5. Adhere the 2 7/8” x 1 1/8” piece of Music Note paper to the 3” x 1 ¼” Crumb Cake cardstock, making sure that the top straight edges are flush so the border is only around the short sides and along the bottom of the piece with the rounded corners. This is the flap for the satchel.
6. Adhere the ½” x 1 7/8” piece of Music Note paper to the 5/8” x 2” Crumb Cake cardstock, making sure that the straight edges at the top are flush so the border is only around the long sides and along the bottom of the piece with the rounded corners. This creates the straps for the satchel.
7. Using the Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker, create Faux Stitching around the cover piece, flap and straps.
8. Adhere the flap to the top of the Post-In Note cover then adhere the straps.
9. Create the buttons on the satchel straps by cutting 2 small buttons using the Buttons Sizzlit Die and the Early Espresso Core’dinations cardstock. Lightly sand these with the sanding blocks to give them a distressed look. Adhere these to the straps on the satchel.
10. Create the Notes title by stamping NOTES on Naturals Ivory cardstock with the Early Espresso and the Simply Serif Mini Alphabet stamp set. Punch the letters out using the small circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shape Punch Pack. Punch out small circles from Early Espresso cardstock using the ½” Circle Punch. Ink the letters lightly with Crumb Cake and adhere to the Early Espresso circles. Adhere to the bottom of the Post-It Note cover.
11. Adhere the piece of striped Crumb Cake DSP to the inside of the Post-It Note cover, making sure that you put it on the top cover and not the bottom. Adhere the calendar to the centre of this piece.
12. Adhere the Post-It Notes to the inside bottom cover and you now have your completed Satchel Post-It Note cover.