Saturday 28 April 2012

Spiced Paisley - Emboss Resist Technique

I had a really great afternoon today trying different techniques and ideas.  Some came out absolutely horrible (these have been recycled) as the colours that I put together did not work or the stamp set was not suitable for the technique that I was trying. 

I was inspired to try the emboss resist technique by a card made by Heather Telford.  This is the first time I have used this techinque, and I madly went through my goodies to make sure I had the clear embossing powder required.  I was in luck, so I got to creating. 

The stamp set used is the Spiced Paisley set from Stampin' Up which was featured in the Summer Mini Catalogue and the colours are Perfect Plum, Night of Navy and Whisper White. 


 Card 1 - This is actually the last card I made to use up all the left
over bits and pieces and I like this one the best, go figure.

 Card 2 - This is the first card I made using a centre panel design.  The
only navy coloured ribbon I had was a grossgrain ribbon which was
a little bit stiff for the look I was after, but it looks okay.

 Card 3 - I used the same sketch as the previous card, but I placed
it off-centre and also offset the heart emblishment.

Card 4 - Basic sketch but I wanted to showcase the beautiful
effect of the emboss resist technique.  It looks so pretty and it
would have been a shame to hide it behind embelishments.


No comments:

Post a Comment