Sunday 13 April 2014

Creating Backgrounds - Emboss Resist

Hi everyone, another background that I promised to post.  It is a version of the Emboss Resist Technique.  I have used Rose Red, Sahara Sand, Baked Brown Sugar and Crumb Cake for the background stamping.  The flourish was stamped using Early Espresso.


Step 1 - Using the water mark stamp from the "Happy Watercolour" stamp set, stamp randomly over a piece of Whisper White cardstock with Rose Red, Sahara Sand, Baked Brown Sugar and Crumb Cake.



Step 2 - Stamp the large flourish from the "Flowering Flourishes" stamp set over the top of this using the Early Espresso.


Step 3 - Using the solid flower stamp from the "Secret Garden" stamp set, stamp the flower over the piece using Versamark ink.  Add Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder over this and heat set.


Step 4 - Sponge Early Espresso over the entire piece.  Once you are happy with the depth of colour, wipe over the top with a tissue to remove the ink residue from the clear embossed piece.


Step 5 - You are now ready to make your card.  This is my card that I made with my finished background piece.

BG14

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I was not expecting a finished card like this one! Not too keen on the first step and was about to move on when I scrolled down. How excited am I, yippppeee!! So have to go and try this out. I hope you don't mind my first card being a CASE card! TFS the steps....so excited!

    ReplyDelete