Monday 8 April 2013

Laugher is the Shortest Distance ....

Deconstructed Sketch No. 96I have combined two challenges for my card today,  The Deconstructed Sketch and The Paper Players.  The challenge at The Paper Players is in honour of National Earth Month and the challenge is to use a recyled or re-purposed item in our project. 

We could use a button, a tag, some ribbon or get really creative and look at packaging and wrappings.  I decided to use packaging that my latest craft order came in and created a heart from a piece of a cardboard box.  I pulled the layers apart to expose the corrugated cardboard and using a Heart framelits die I cut out the small heart.

The DSP is from the Print Poetry paper pad.  Colour scheme of Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit and Very Vanilla.

Ribbon is Crumb Cake Seam Binding and Linen Thread with a Neutrals button.  Stamp set used is Feel Goods.  Three rhinestones were added to finish my card.



5 comments:

  1. I love this card, it´s so beautiful.
    Best wishes
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE the depth and texture provided by the cardboard heart! Great colors and use of the sketch too...thanks for joining my recycle challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty-really nice colour choices and the textured heart looks fabby !
    Best wishes,Nessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and what a wonderful sentiment! I'm so glad you were able to join us for DS96. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, I just love this sentiment, but not as much as I love your fabulous bow. The color scheme is wonderful, too. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete