Friday 8 February 2013

A Day As Perfect ....

Deconstructed Sketch No. 88I decided to combine the sketch challenge at The Deconstructed Sketch with the colour challenge at Pals Paper Arts.

The new More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper in the new Seasonal Catalogue was perfect for the colour challenge as Primrose Petals, Pool Party and Real Red are the colours in this DSP.

So along with this DSP, the sketch at The Deconstructed Sketches was just perfect for the card idea I had in mind.

I have added some basic black and very vanilla as neutrals to complete my card.
PrimrosePoolRed
Stamp set is "Vintage Verses" from the Sale-a-bration catalogue.  The sentiment has been cut out using the Labels Collection Framelits with Real Red Taffeta Ribbon layered behind the sentiment.

Faux stitching was added to the background DPS and the circle, and idea I cased from Jen Shults.  I used the 3 1/2 Circle Originals die and the Scallop Circle Bigz die for the centre piece.

I have made a square card, however have used the sketch for the middle panel.


3 comments:

  1. Great job combining both challenges! You sentiment is perfectly framed! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great card! i love your amazing paper planning and that amazing stamp! I'm so glad you were able to join us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Carolyn! Great mix of patterns and I love the sentiment stamp you used! Nice job with the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete