Monday 28 January 2013

Dynamic Duos Challenge #37 - Monochromatic


I finally got some card making in today after a busy day yesterday and tried out this great card idea I have cased from Pinterest, I just added the sentiment.  I really liked the card so I had a go a making one using Stampin' Up products and the colours in the Monochoromatic Challenge at Dynamic Duos.


It is the Australia Day long weekend and it started off pretty quiet for me.  I actually had a lazy day at home with my Mum on Australia Day, but at 9.30pm I got a phone call from the President of the Wanneroo Branch CWA (of which I am a member) asking if I was available to volunteer the next day to feed the firefighters battling the blaze at Gingin.

So on Sunday off I went with 3 other lades to Gingin, this is only about 45 minutes drive north of where I live.  We had to make 100 ham and salad and chicken and salad rolls for the lunch for the firefighters and serve them, make cups of tea or coffee or provide cold drinks.  We had just finished making the rolls, when we got word that another fire had broken out at Eglington, this is only about 15 minutes drive from where I live, and could we make up another 100 rolls to feed the firefighters battling that blaze.  So after five hours of making ham and salad and chicken and salad rolls, and then serving the firefighters as they came in from the fire, I as a bit exhausted last night so my card making mojo got put to bed early.

But this morning it all came together and this is the card, hope you enjoy it.


6 comments:

  1. What a great card! Love it, Carolyn. Bless you, for the hard work you put in to help the firefighters - just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Carolyn - such a lovely card and in beautiful colours too! I agree with Christine, good on you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn this is one AMAZING card! And your work to feed all those firefighters is pretty amazing, too :o) Thanks for playing with us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just beautiful! Hope all the fires are out, and Bless you for your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh! I love how the flowers seem to be bursting from behind the patterned paper! What fun!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos this week, Carolyn!♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. how kind and generous of you to help serve those fighting fires. Blessings to all. Your card is sensational just bursting with lovely blooms.
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete