Monday 9 April 2012

Thinking of You ...

Today is the last day of my holidays and I have to go back to work tomorrow, so I thought I would make the most of my playtime left.  I saw the "Spotlight" technique at Splitcoaststampers recently and liked the effect that spotlighting part of the stamp created.  So naturally I had to have a go.  I wanted to use all Stampin' Up products on this card, so off I went searching through my Stampin' Up stamp stash and discovered, to may dismay, that I currently do not have many stamps that lend themselves to this technique.  I settled on the "Happiness Shared" stamp set as I thought I could just "Spotlight" part of the large rose stamp. It worked okay but a larger stamp would have worked better. 

The card is quite simple but I liked the finished "Spotlight" effect, I am still coming to grips with colouring with Stampin' Up products.  I am waiting for the watercolour paper in my next order to arrive, so hopefully this will improve my colouring as at present the card pills if you colour too much.  I also stepped out of my colour comfort zone when I was deciding on what colours to use and I have gone with Whisper White, Basic Black and So Saffron.


Lately I have noticed that when I make a card, I only make one of that colour scheme and I end up with all the left over cardstock and my file of cardstock off cuts is getting out of hand (I do use them up eventually), so this time I decided to make two more cards on the same colour scheme and theme to use up the leftover cardstock.  It worked a treat and I even managed to use up some of my previous leftovers. 

These are the two other cards I made using the same colour scheme of Whisper White, Basic Black and So Saffron and the "Happiness Shared" stamp set.


No comments:

Post a Comment