The stamp sets used are Tabs for Everything for the sentiment and Falling Flowers with the matching May Flower Framelits for the floral arrangement.
Addendum to Post
Addendum to Post
I have had so many enquries on how how I made this card I decided to post how I created it. The measurements are in metric so you may have to convert to imperial.
- The base card is Crumb Cake (A4 cut in half then folded in half again to make card base) – edges inked with Soft Suede
- The mat is Early Espresso cardstock 9.5cm x 13.8cm – the edges are distressed.
- Background DSP 9cm x 13.3cm is from the Affectionately Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper Pack. It is the Copper and Crumb Cake sheet of paper. I distressed the edges and then inked them with Soft Suede.
- The strip across the card is Early Espresso 9.5cm x 2.5cm backed onto a piece of Crumb Cake 9.5cm x 3cm. I distressed the edges of both pieces and inked the edges of the Crumb Cake piece with Soft Suede. A piece of Copper Trim was tied around this piece.
- The middle panel is a piece of Crumb Cake 6cm x 11cm – the edges are distressed and inked with Soft Suede
- The mat is Early Espresso 5cm x 10cm – the edges are distressed
- The stamped panel is Very Vanilla 4.7cm x 9.7cm – the edges are distressed and inked with Soft Suede.
Stamping and Creating the panel
- I stamped the leaf spray in Soft Suede ink twice and also the individual leaf 4 times in Soft Suede on the bottom of the panel. These images were coloured with the Clear Wink of Stella pen and Soft Suede ink. Soft Suede ink was then spatter on this piece using an Aqua Painter.
- The flower from the Falling Flowers stamp set was stamped in Soft Suede on Very Vanilla and cut out using the matching die from the May Flowers Framelits. This was inked with Soft Suede and the petals lightly formed to fold slightly. The flower image was stamped again with Early Espresso on Very Vanilla. I hand cut the centre of the flower and then inked it with Soft Suede, again forming the petals slightly before gluing to the centre of the original flower. A Gold Faceted Gem was used as the flower centre.
- The foliage sprig was stamped with Versamark on Early Espresso and embossed with Copper Embossing Powder and then cut out with the matching framelit from the May Flowers Framelits. The leaves were cut out using the leaf die and Copper Foil Sheet.
- A piece of Copper Trim was teased apart to create the Copper gauze like piece behind the flower. Some Copper Metallic Thread was also added behind the flower.
- The sentiment is from the Tabs for Everything stamp set and was stamped with Soft Suede on Very Vanilla and punched out using the Classic Label Punch. The edges were inked with Soft Suede.
You can see from the picture how to arrange the flower arrangement.
For the inside of the card I made another of the foliage sprigs which I adhered to the bottom of a Very Vanilla insert which was inked on the edges with Soft Suede and backed onto Early Espresso before being adhered into place.
Thank you for visiting.