I really liked the idea of an unique luggage tags to identify my suitcases when I am travelling. I designed the following luggage tag as all the other patterns and designs I found on the internet were quite involved and I wanted something that was quick to run up on the sewing machine and did not involve interfacing and wadding. I have posted the instructions on how I made this at the bottom of this post.
Now that I have created my luggage tags all I need now is the holiday to go with them.
1 fat quarter
1. Cut 1 piece 3 ¼” x 5 ¼” – put to one side.
2. Cut a strip 1 ¾” wide by length of fabric. Cut a piece of Window Sheet 2” x 4”. Stitch the fabric around the Window Sheet, using a ¼” seam allowance.
3. Trim down strips around the Window Sheet to 1” wide.
4. Cut a piece of 3 ½” x 2” piece of fabric. Turn under ¼” on long side and press, turn under another ¼” and stitch down. Attach this piece to one short side of the Window Sheet piece (front piece).
9. Using the On-Board Sheet, cut a piece 1 ¼” x 4 ¾” for the insert.
10. Make a name and address information on the computer for the luggage tag.
Print the name and address information and glue to the On-Board Sheet. Insert this into the Luggage Tag, making sure that the piece is behind the over flap so that it does not come loose. The luggage tag is now finished.